Check out other GOOP adhesives:
All Purpose | Automotive | Craft
Household | Lawn & Garden | Marine
Plumbing | RV | Sport & Outdoor
Wood & Furniture
Find out more:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Technical Data Sheet (TDS)
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
AMAZING GOOP® Adhesvies
HOW TO USE
Just follow these step-by-step directions when using Amazing GOOP®:
- Please read all directions before using. Amazing GOOP should be used in a well-ventilated area.
- Surface should be clean, dry, and free from dirt. For best results, roughen
surface before use. Best when used between 70° F (21° C) and 85° F (29° C).
- Puncture the seal at the top of the tube using the pointer cap.
- Always test a small area to ensure proper application technique and dry time. Prolonged exposure to warm water may cause discoloration and possible loss of adhesion when
exposed to chemicals used in hot tubs and pools, especially in outdoor locations.
Amazing GOOP may be weakened by contact with certain highly plasticized materials.
- Apply Amazing GOOP directly to each surface to be bonded or
repaired. Allow Amazing GOOP to partially cure, 2-10 minutes, before bringing surfaces together. Amazing GOOP hardens by solvent evaporation and forms an immediate bond that is difficult to reposition after both adhesive-coated surfaces are placed in contact with each other and sufficient pressure is exerted to establish full contact.
- Allow the repair to dry for 24 hours. Depending on the materials and the temperature maximum strength may not be reached for 48 to 72 hours. Cure time increases with lower temperatures and decreases with higher temperatures.
- Keep threads at the neck of the tube free of Amazing GOOP residue. To ensure easy cap removal, apply a thin coat of petroleum jelly to the threads of the tube before replacing the cap.
- Clean uncured adhesive with small amounts of acetone or naphtha; the adhesive
will ball up and brush off. Cured material may be removed by cutting or scraping.
- Store unused Amazing GOOP at room temperature with cap tightened.
NOTE: Amazing GOOP may damage finished surfaces. Avoid such contact until Amazing GOOP is completely dry.
For technical support, contact our Technical Service Department by mail, email, or phone. Our office hours are 7:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. (CST) Monday through Friday. Please contact us for more information.